Whether you are a new patient or returning patient, we want your appointment experience to be positive, informative and productive. In order to ensure your appointment goes smoothly, here are a few things you should plan to bring and do.
- Complete your New Patient Assessment form. You should have received an email with a link to the complete the form online. Otherwise, you can download the forms using the following link and bring the completed forms to your appointment.
Click here to Download
- Driver’s License or a valid identification
- Insurance card and co-pay
- Name, address and phone number of the referring healthcare provider
- Name, address and phone number of your Primary Care Physician
- Any medical documents related to the affected joint (previous physician notes, operative reports, lab reports, etc.)
- Any x-rays, MRI, CT studies should be requested from the facility where you had the imaging performed and brought with you on film or a CD.
- A current list of medications you are taking with dosages
- Dress in comfortable clothes that allows our team the ability to maneuver and examine the affected joint
To cancel or reschedule an appointment
Call the office 24 hours in advance to reschedule and/or cancel your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you at your visit and establishing a customized treatment plan. We recognize that your time is valuable, and we make every effort to run on time. Occasionally emergencies or patients require a little more time, and these cause scheduling delays beyond our control. We apologize if we keep you waiting.
To request an appointment
Please enter the information and press the "Submit" button when you are through.
( * ) Your name and phone number or emails are required fields, so that we can contact you to confirm your appointment